Celotex PIR insulation is a popular choice for many homeowners because of its benefits and versatility. It can be used in a variety of applications, such as walls, floors, ceilings, and lofts. Celotex is also effective in reducing noise pollution and keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
What Makes Celotex PIR So Popular?
Celotex PIR is one of the most popular types of insulation on the market today for the following reasons.
- Range of Thicknesses: The range of thicknesses available means that you can get the right size of insulation to fit into any space. Celotex boards range from 20mm to 150mm, with 100mm being the most popular thickness.
- Versatility: This is a general-purpose board, so it can be used in floors, walls, and pitched roofs.
- Lightweight: This makes it easy to handle and fit into place.
- Ease of Installation: Celotex PIR can be installed quickly and easily by a DIY enthusiast or a professional.
- Thermal Performance: A combination of the rigid PIR foam and foil facing on either side of the board makes it an effective insulator, helping to keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Thermal bridging: One of the main advantages of using Celotex PIR is that it can help to reduce thermal bridging, which is where heat escapes through the walls and roof of a property.
- Moisture Resistant: Celotex has a closed-cell structure, which means it is resistant to moisture and will not absorb water. This makes it ideal for use in areas where dampness or condensation is an issue, such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Fire Resistance: Celotex PIR has a Class 0 fire rating, meaning it will not contribute to a fire should one break out in your home.
- Environmentally Friendly: Celotex use blowing agents that have zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low global warming potential (GWP), making it eco-friendly.
- Sustainability: Celotex is manufactured using up to 50% recycled materials, making it a sustainable choice.
We hope that this gives you insight as to why Celotex is such a popular insulation material and why you should consider using it in your home. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for reading!