6 Panel Internal Doors(21 Products)
A 6 panel internal door is a type of internal door featuring 6 inset rectangles/squares. These doors are versatile and suitable for any home style, showcasing four rectangles (two at the bottom, two in the middle) and two smaller squares at the top, imparting a sophisticated panelled aesthetic. We stock a wide selection of quality finishes, colours and styles to ensure you find the right fit for your project.Find Out More About Our Types of 6 Panel Doors
What Are 6 Panel Doors?
Doors are often considered an overlooked aspect of interior design, but they play a significant role in the overall look and feel of a home. If you're looking to add a touch of timeless elegance to your space, you might consider installing 6-panel doors.
A 6-panel door is a classic and traditional style that has been popular for many years in both residential and commercial building applications. They are popular in traditional and colonial-style homes but can also be used in modern homes for a vintage look.
The door features six raised rectangular panels set within the door frame, typically with a smooth or textured surface, and the door itself can be made of a variety of materials, including wood (oak and pine, for example) and metal.
6 Panel Door Specifications
- Highly versatile - can be used in a variety of spaces, from bedrooms and bathrooms to living rooms and kitchens
- Available in a wide range of finishes and colours, so you can find the perfect match for your home's existing decor
- Can be painted, stained or varnished to match the colour scheme of the room
- In addition to their aesthetic appeal, 6-panel doors are also highly functional - they provide privacy, security, and insulation
- A quick way to add style, functionality, and value to a house
For further details please refer to individual product pages.
Frequently Asked 6 Panel Doors Questions
How Old Are 6 Panel Doors?
The panelled door was a signature of the Renaissance architectural style, which was a revival of classical forms. The number and design of panels varied, but one specific pattern was prominent from 1700 to the early 1800s: the 6-panel door.
How Do I Clean & Maintain 6 Panel Doors?
Cleaning and maintenance of 6-panel doors depend on the material used.
- For wooden doors, use a damp cloth to clean them and periodically reapply sealant to protect against moisture.
- For metal or composite doors, wipe with a damp cloth and avoid using harsh chemicals.
Can 6 Panel Doors Be Customised To Match My Home's Decor?
Yes, 6-panel doors can be customised with a surface finish and your choice of colour to match your home's decor.
What Is A Chevron Glass Finish?
Chevron Glass is an industry-leading provider and processor of flat glass to the trade sector. They offer a variety of bulk glass in original sheets, as well as products cut to size from all sorts of types of glass.
What Does Door Furniture Include?
Door hardware, also referred to as door furniture, encompasses all elements affixed to a door. This includes both functional items like door locks and hinges, as well as decorative elements like contemporary door handles and decorative door knockers.
What Do Fire Doors Do?
Fire doors play a crucial role in protecting lives and reducing damage to buildings and neighbouring structures by:
- Confining the fire to the room where it originated
- Keeping clear escape routes, such as hallways, clear - giving building occupants more time to evacuate and ensuring easier access for firefighters
- Preventing further damage to the rest of the building, its contents, and neighbouring structures
What Are FD30 Fire Doors?
FD30 is a fire resistance classification indicating that a door can withstand fire for at least 30 minutes. After that, it's possible that the door may no longer be able to prevent the spread of fire.
While 30 minutes provides ample time for evacuation, it's not enough to gather belongings. It's crucial to emphasise that quick evacuation is key to safety.
Can I Wedge My Fire Door Open?
Fire doors must never be blocked open using props or wedges as this prevents the door from closing in the event of a fire.
A safe and compliant way to keep fire doors open is by installing a fire door holder or retainer. These devices can be easily attached to existing doors and allow them to be held open at any angle. They meet regulations as they automatically release the door when the fire alarm sounds, thus halting the spread of fire.