Plastic Guttering(109 Products)
Plastic guttering refers to a type of gutter system primarily made from plastic materials, typically PVC (polyvinyl chloride) or other plastic compounds. These gutter systems are designed to collect and channel rainwater or melted snow away from the roof and the foundation of a structure. Plastic guttering is lightweight, durable, and resistant to rust and corrosion. It comes in various shapes, such as half-round and K-style profiles, and is available in a range of colours to match the aesthetics of different buildings.Find Out More About Our Types of Plastic Guttering
What Is Plastic Guttering?
Plastic guttering, also known as PVC or UPVC guttering, comes in various shapes and styles to suit different preferences and requirements.
Plastic guttering is known for its ease of installation, low maintenance requirements, and affordability, making it a popular choice for residential and commercial applications where effective rainwater management is essential.
Here at Materials Market we stock the following plastic guttering:
Benefits of Plastic Guttering
Plastic guttering offers several advantages that make it a popular choice:
- Low Cost: Plastic guttering is cost-effective compared to metal alternatives, making it a budget-friendly option for homeowners and commercial properties.
- Easy Maintenance: Plastic gutters are relatively low maintenance. They are resistant to rust, erosion, and silt buildup, reducing the risk of leaks and water damage.
- Durable: UPVC and PVC guttering can withstand the harshest weather conditions, protecting your property for years to come.
- Variety of Styles: With various shapes, colours, and fittings available, you can find a plastic guttering system that suits your property's style.
- Effective Drainage: Plastic guttering efficiently channels rainwater away from your roof, preventing costly damage and erosion.
Types of Plastic Guttering
With a huge range of options to choose from, it's important to understand the different types of plastic guttering available and how they can benefit your next project.
Let's explore some of the most common types:
- Half Round Guttering:
- Style: The half-round guttering system has a semi-circular shape and is one of the most popular choices due to its simplicity and effectiveness.
- Benefits: Its rounded design allows rainwater to flow easily, preventing the buildup of debris and reducing the risk of clogs. It's suitable for both residential and commercial buildings.
- Square Guttering:
- Style: Square gutters have a more modern and angular look compared to the traditional half-round design.
- Benefits: They can complement the aesthetics of contemporary homes and commercial properties. Square gutters are also known for their durability and resistance to rust and erosion.
- Ogee Guttering:
- Style: Ogee gutters have a decorative S-shape that adds a touch of elegance to your property.
- Benefits: Besides their aesthetic appeal, they are effective at channelling rainwater away from the roof and are suitable for various architectural styles, including conservatories.
UPVC vs PVC Gutters
The primary difference between UPVC and PVC gutters lies in their composition and durability.
UPVC gutters, being made from unplasticised PVC, are typically more rigid, durable, and resistant to environmental factors.
PVC gutters, on the other hand, may contain plasticisers for increased flexibility, making them easier to work with but potentially less durable in the long run.
The choice between UPVC and PVC gutters should be based on your specific needs, budget, and the environmental conditions in your area.
Plastic Guttering Installation and Fittings
Installing plastic guttering is a manageable DIY project for many homeowners and DIY enthusiasts.
Most plastic guttering systems come with clear instructions and can be easily cut and fitted to the dimensions of your property.
However, for those who prefer professional assistance, many suppliers offer technical support and installation services to ensure a seamless installation process.
Frequently Asked Plastic Guttering Questions
Are Plastic Gutters Suitable For Commercial Properties?
Yes, plastic guttering is suitable for both residential and commercial buildings, offering a cost-effective solution for drainage needs.
Can I Replace My Existing Metal Guttering With Plastic?
Absolutely, many homeowners opt to replace their old, rusty metal gutters with durable and rust-resistant plastic alternatives.
Do Plastic Gutters Protect Against Water Damage?
Yes, plastic guttering effectively channels rainwater away from your property, helping to prevent costly water damage and erosion.
Are Different Sizes of Plastic Gutters Available?
Yes, plastic gutters come in various sizes to accommodate different roof sizes and rainfall levels.