Materials Market is currently hiring!
Materials Market pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.
We’re passionate about clear communication with our customers and suppliers, as well as within our team. We pursue our major goals by prioritising astutely, working nimbly and delivering incremental change. Success is measured by the value we create for our customers and the broader construction industry.
Takeaway Tester Job
Hours: Part-time, temporary basis, one-month long project
Closing date: Friday 27th May 2022
We’re excited to announce that we’re looking for a team of ‘Takeaway Testers’ as we hope to discover what are the best fast food options for tradespeople on the go!
If you head into your local Greggs or McDonald’s early morning or at lunchtime it’s very likely you’ll see tradespeople getting their fuel for the day. Although fast food has negative connotations, for tradespeople those meals are convenient fuel for them! In trade jobs you’re physically put to work and as a result, burn lots of calories, so a substantial meal is a necessity to keep you full, satisfied and energised throughout the working day. Therefore we’re really excited to launch this experiment, working with our team of testers, along with a nutritionist, to discover what the best fast food options out there are.
As such we are recruiting six people for the unique role to help launch our experiment and work with us to create onsite content guides for our customers.
With a salary of £1,000 for the one-month long role, the ‘Takeaway Testers’ will be hired to try some of the UK’s favourite fast food meals for either breakfast or lunch, previously voted for by tradespeople.
As well as taste, we’ll be asking the testers to report on how they feel after eating each meal, monitoring how long they stay full, their productivity and energy levels and if the meals cause any negative effects such as ‘food comas’, ‘slumps’ or sugar crashes.
No previous qualifications or experience are required for the role; however, we ask that all applicants are over the age of 18.
If you wouldn’t mind getting paid to test some of the UK’s favourite fast food, please apply now!
As a ‘Takeaway Tester’, you’ll be expected to:
- Test 20 of the UK’s favourite fast food meals for either breakfast or lunch, including the famous Greggs Sausage Roll and Omelette Egg Breakfast Baguette, McDonald’s large Big Mac meal and a footlong Subway Meatball
- Keep a diary log of how you feel after eating each meal, monitoring your levels of fullness, energy, productivity, sluggishness and overall satisfaction, immediately after consuming the meal and two and four hours afterwards.
- Feed back your findings and opinions to our team at MaterialsMarket.com and partnering nutritionist who will work with you to create onsite content guides for our customers
- Have good communication skills
- Speak fluent English
- Generous salary
- Flexible hours
- Remote working
- Expenses paid for all meal purchases made for the experiment
Does this sound like you? To apply please complete the following form by Friday 27th May 2022 and the successful candidates will be selected soon after.
Please note, we are unable to respond to all applicants.