Internal Doors(86 Products)
Internal doors are an essential component of any building construction, providing both functional and aesthetic benefits to any living or working space. As the gateway between different rooms and spaces, internal doors offer privacy, security, and insulation, while also contributing to the overall design and style of a building. Browse our extensive range of interior doors to find the perfect match for your project.Find Out More About Our Types of Internal Doors
What Are Internal Doors?
An internal door is essentially a panel that fits into a frame, providing access between two separate areas within a building. It's a simple concept, but don't be fooled - a well-made internal door can make all the difference in terms of functionality, security, and style.
Internal doors serve a number of invaluable purposes, including providing privacy and warmth while performance doors such as fire doors ensure safety and peace of mind.
To produce an inviting atmosphere in any room, consider giving your inside doors a makeover – it's a simple yet effective way to create cosiness or brighten up your area. Moreover, employing similar designs within a structure will help build cohesion and consistency throughout.
We stock a huge range of options at an affordable price to suit an array of tastes and interior design needs; some come pre-finished to simplify installation, while others such as wooden internal doors can be painted to precisely coordinate with the existing look.
If you're looking for a new internal door, delve into our comprehensive range of internal doors (cheap internal doors, might we add) and find the perfect fit for your project. From pre-finished door products (white primed doors) to robust fire doors, we stock something for everyone.
For guidance and general questions, get in touch with our expert team.
Types of Internal Doors
There are several types of internal doors, each designed to meet different needs and requirements. The most common types of internal doors include:
- Panel doors: These doors are constructed from a series of panels that are fitted into a frame, creating a solid and sturdy door. Panel doors are available in a range of styles and designs, from traditional to modern, and can be made from a variety of materials, such as wood, composite, and glass. Glazed doors for example feature panels of glass and create a sense of openness by bringing more light into a structure.
- Flush doors: These doors are made from a single flat panel of wood or composite material, with no raised panels or decorative details. Flush doors offer a clean and simple look and are often used in modern or minimalist design schemes.
- French doors: These doors consist of two separate panels that open outwards, creating a wide and spacious entrance. French doors are often used to connect indoor and outdoor spaces, such as a patio or garden.
- Pocket doors: These doors slide into a recessed area in the wall, rather than swinging open like a traditional door. Pocket doors are a great space-saving option, particularly in areas where space is limited.
Internal Door Materials
Internal doors can be made from a wide range of materials, each offering different benefits in terms of durability, insulation, and aesthetics. Some of the most common materials used for internal doors include:
- Wood: Solid wood doors are a classic choice, offering a high level of durability, insulation, and style. Interior wooden doors can be made from a variety of different species, each with its own unique grain pattern and colour. Wooden doors make for wonderful living room and bedroom doors.
- Composite: Composite doors are made from a combination of wood fibres, resin, and other materials, resulting in a strong and durable door that is less prone to warping, cracking, or other damage.
- Glass: Glass doors offer a sleek and modern look, while also allowing natural light to flow through a space. Glass doors can be clear or frosted, and can be framed with wood, metal, or other materials.
Frequently Asked Internal Doors Questions
What Is Door Furniture?
Door furniture refers to the hardware and accessories that are attached to a door, including door knobs, handles, locks, hinges, closers, and other decorative or functional components. These door accessories not only enhance the appearance of a door but also provide crucial functionality, such as facilitating opening and closing, securing the door, and providing a means of privacy control.
How Long Does It Take To Install An Internal Door?
The time it takes to install an internal door depends on factors such as the complexity of the installation, the type of door, and the skill level of the installer. On average, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours to install an internal door, including the necessary hardware.
Can Internal Doors Be Fire-Rated?
Yes, internal doors can be fire-rated to meet safety regulations and provide additional protection in case of a fire. Fire-rated doors are designed to resist fire and smoke for a certain period of time, and they are typically made from materials such as solid wood, metal, or fire-rated glass. You can even get fire door frames too. It's important to consult with a qualified professional to determine the appropriate fire rating for your project.
Can Internal Doors Be Soundproofed?
Yes, some internal doors can be soundproofed to reduce noise transmission between rooms. This can be achieved through the use of specialised acoustic materials and construction techniques. However, it's important to note that not all internal doors are suitable for soundproofing and that additional measures may be required, such as adding seals or sound-absorbing panels.
Can Internal Doors Be Painted or Stained?
Yes, most internal doors can be painted or stained to match the interior decor of a room. However, it's important to check the manufacturer's guidelines before doing so to ensure that it won't affect the warranty or performance of the door.