140mm Celotex XR4140 PIR Insulation Board Applications
140mm Celotex XR4140 is suitable for ‘cut-to-fit- applications between joists and rafters and enables users to achieve lower U-values with just a single layer of insulation. Celotex XR4140 is a highly versatile multi-purpose insulation board ideal for various applications including pitched roofs, solid floors, solid masonry walls, timber frames and steel frames. The XR4140 is produced to the highest manufacturing standards and has a BBA (British Board of Agrement) certificate as fit for use in defined solid roof, wall and floor applications.
Celotex XR4140 insulation board is suitable for use in the following applications:
- Solid concrete floors
- Block and beam floors
- Suspended timber joist floors
- Pitched roofs
- Partition and solid masonry walls
- Timber framed & steel framed systems
Celotex XR4140 PIR Insulation Board Specifications
With an impressive thermal conductivity of 0.022 W/mK, 140mm Celotex boards are the go-to thermal insulation solution for those looking to improve heat retention in their homes whilst making long term energy savings. They are manufactured with eco-friendly concepts in mind, using a blowing agent with low global warming impact and zero ODP (zero ozone depletion potential).
Let's take a look at the specs:
- Thermal conductivity of 0.022 W/mK
- Achieves U-values with minimum thickness
- Low Global Warming Potential (GWP) and Zero Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP)
- Features low emissivity foil facings giving improved thermal insulation performance within cavity air spaces
- Easy to cut and shape
- Provides reliable long-term energy savings for buildings
Celotex XR4140 PIR Insulation Board Certifications
BS EN is British and European Standard Specifications. With over 100 years of experience, the British Standards Institute is recognised as the UK’s National standards body. BS EN considers Celotex XR4140:
- Spread of flame: Euroclass E Reaction to Fire classification, according to BS EN 13501-1
- Thermal conductivity of 0.022 W/m.K, reducing the thickness of insulation required to hit the target U-value - BS EN 12667
- BRE Green Guide Rating of A for sustainability - which can assist in demonstrating environmental performance in your BREEAM assessments
- BBA certified
About Celotex Limited
Celotex is a leading British manufacturer of 140mm PIR insulation. It was founded decades ago and has since evolved from a fibreboard insulation company to one that focuses on PIR boards. The XR4140 insulation board is just one of many popular thermal insulation solutions from Celotex XR4000 product range, with thicknesses ranging from 110mm to 150mm.
They are manufactured in accordance with quality management systems and are water vapour resistant. Celotex insulation boards help to achieve lower U-Values, energy use and carbon dioxide emissions targets set by the national building regulations.
140mm Celotex Insulation Storage & Handling
Celotex XR4000 PIR insulation boards are lightweight and easy to handle. If you need to store 140mm Celotex boards for a while before installation, we recommend choosing a cool, dry space. 2.4m x 1.2m insulation boards are not for external use, and therefore they should not be left outside for extended periods of time or allowed to get wet.