Rockwool RW3 Slab (3 Products)
Why settle for standard insulation when you can reap three insulant benefits from one solid solution? Rockwool RW3 slab is an acoustic, thermal and fire insulation suitable for an array of general building applications - from ceilings to walls and floors. This dynamic insulation comes in the form of high-quality resin-bonded slabs and boasts a fire rating of Euroclass A1 non-combustible as well as a non-hygroscopic nature which prevents moisture ingress, damp and rot.Find Out More About Our Types of Rockwool RW3 Slab
Rockwool RW3 Slab
Rockwool RW3 Applications
Rockwool is the egghead of the rock mineral wool insulation industry. Championing in their field, they master in producing robust acoustic, thermal and fire insulation suitable for a range of general building projects as well as specialist specifications such as commercial, leisure and industrial buildings.
1200mm x 600mm semi-rigid Rockwool RW3 slabs are no exception to this; multi-use in their function, they can be considered for a wide range of general building projects - including ceilings, partition walls, and floors - as well as specialist specifications.
The slabs can be used as acoustic and thermal insulation in the following construction types:
- Interior timber or steel partition walls
- Interior timber frame floors
- Interior timber frame ceilings
- Acoustic ceilings and partition panels
- I-joist interior partitions
- Party walls
Rockwool RW3 Slab Key Features
Rockwool RW3 slabs offer thermal acoustic and fire performance in one robust insulation solution.
Let's check the specs:
- Excellent thermal, acoustic and fire insulation
- Rot-resistant - withstands mould and mildew
- Thermal conductivity of 0.034 W/mK
- Water-repellent qualities of the insulation prevent moisture build-up, dampness and rot
- Suitable for a wide range of general building applications - ceilings, walls and floors
- A1 non-combustible
- 60kg/m3 density
- 600mm width to fit between studwork
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
Rockwool RW3 Certifications
BS EN is British and European Standard Specifications. With over 100 years of experience, the British Standards Institute is recognised as the UK’s National standards body. BS EN considers Rockwool RW3 both:
- Euroclass A1 non-combustible in accordance with BS EN 13501-1 - achieving the highest possible level of fire performance
- CE and Key marked in accordance with BS EN 13162:2012 + A1:2015.v
Rockwool RW3 slabs are also certified by Lloyd's register of shipping as non-combustible materials for use on:
- Fixed offshore installations
- MED classed ships- DTLR MCA approval
- Rated non-combustible in accordance with ISO 1182 and IMO A. 799
Overview - RW Slab Range
The RW product range consists of premium resin-bonded slabs in a host of thicknesses and densities. On the market, specialist sizes and thicknesses of RW are available, as well as black or white tissue and aluminium foil facings.
RW slabs showcase all the hallmarks of Rockwool's expertise:
- Semi-rigid - Rockwool slabs are semi-rigid meaning you do not have to worry about bowing or sagging over time.
- Reduces sound transmission - Rockwool slabs are designed to reduce sound transmission. Rock is a naturally poor conductor of sound, making Rockwool the perfect choice for people who want to insulate their homes against unwanted noise.
- Fire-Protection - Rockwool insulation slabs are manufactured using anti-flammable, thermal insulation material. They are made in part from basalt, a volcanic rock that is highly fire-resistant. The slabs rank Euroclass A1 non-combustible and resist high temperatures.
- Thermal Efficiency: RW products boast a lambda value of 0.035 W/mK.
Frequently Asked Rockwool RW3 Slab Questions
Frequently Asked Rockwool RW3 Slab Questions
How Does Rockwool RW3 Insulation Reduce Sound Pollution?
Rock is a naturally poor conductor of sound, making RW3 the perfect choice for people who want to insulate their homes against unwanted noise.
Rockwool respectfully thrashes competitor brands with its prevention of noise transmission from room to room, making it ideal for installation in internal and separating walls.
Rockwool RW slabs work in two distinct ways to dampen sound, either by impeding the transmission of sound through an element of the structure or by absorption of sound at the surface.
Is Rockwool Waterproof?
Although not entirely waterproof, Rockwool insulation is moisture-resistant and vapour permeable.
Rockwool does not wick water, meaning water will drain away rather than soak into the insulation, while gaseous water vapour will simply pass through it. Therefore, if Rockwool gets wet, you can dry the material out and it will maintain its original performance characteristics.
Can You Touch Rockwool With Bare Hands?
Whilst it won't exactly kill you, the dust from Rockwool can irritate the skin and eyes if the correct PPE is not adorned during handling.
We always advise wearing the appropriate safety gear when working with Rockwool: gloves, goggles and a mask should be worn at all times.
If you are to touch the material with bare hands (not recommended), wash your hands thoroughly with cold water after contact.
How Long Will Rockwool Last Before It Has To Be Replaced?
Should you correctly install the insulation (according to manufacturer guidance), Rockwool slabs should last the lifetime of your structure. Since Rockwool products are inorganic they will not decay and left to it, they should sustain performatively - given that the slabs endure no damage.