Kingspan K108 Kooltherm (4 Products)
Kingspan Kooltherm K108 Cavity Board is a rigid thermoset fibre-free phenolic insulation with a premium performance phenolic core flanked with low emissivity foil facings that work to enhance the thermal resistance of the cavity. With a thermal conductivity of 0.019 W/m.K, it falls among the highest-performing insulants on the market. K108 boards are one of the thinnest commonly used insulation solutions available for partially filled cavity walls.Find Out More About Our Types of Kingspan K108
Kingspan K108 Kooltherm
Kingspan K108 Kooltherm Applications
Kingspan Kooltherm K108 Cavity Insulation is a premium performance partial fill cavity wall insulation solution.
- Designed for use in external cavity walls/partial fill cavity walls.
Kingspan K108 Kooltherm Specifications
K108 forms part of the K100 range, a range that is unrivalled in the world of rigid thermoset insulation materials.
Let's check the specs:
- Low emissivity composite foil facings
- Low thermal conductivity of 0.019 W/mK - maximises usable internal floor space
- BBA approved
- Board size: 1200mm x 450mm
- Maintains a clear cavity - resists moisture penetration
- Non-deleterious material - materials do not pose any threats to user's health
- Manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour
- Unaffected by air infiltration
- Green Guide Rating A+
Kingspan K108 Kooltherm Certifications
K108 insulation board is manufactured in accordance with:
- ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management Systems. Requirements)
- ISO 14001: 2015 (Environmental Management Systems. Requirements)
- BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Requirements)
- BS EN ISO 50001: 2011 (Energy Management Systems)
Frequently Asked Kingspan K108 Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Kingspan K108 Kooltherm
What is Phenolic Insulation?
Phenolic foam is comprised of phenolic resin, a blowing agent, and an acid catalyst. It is used to make a range of products, one of the most popular being insulation boards which are faced by elements such as a low emissivity composite foil.
It has over 90% closed-cell formation with a fine cell structure, making it extremely rigid and easy to handle. The rigid thermoset insulation core is protected by two facings, which act as another barrier against the elements.
What Is Partial Fill Cavity Insulation?
Partial-fill insulation leaves a 25mm or 50mm gap between the insulation and the external leaf. Even if moisture makes it through to the outer leaf, there is very little chance that it will bridge through to the internal structure.
Local authorities tend to require new build properties to have partial fill insulation inside masonry walls.
How Imperative Is Cavity Wall Insulation in Reducing Heat Loss?
Cavity wall insulation is as essential as roof insulation when improving the thermal envelope of a building.
Seeing as walls are responsible for approximately a third of heat loss in uninsulated buildings, getting cavity wall insulation installed is a no-brainer for those wanting to radically decrease heat loss and energy bills.
Among heat loss reduction, there are many other reasons to install cavity wall insulation. Cavity wall insulation is one of the cheapest energy-saving measures you can install. What's more energy saving results in a lower carbon footprint.