Knauf DriTherm 37 Cavity Slabs(5 Products)
DriTherm 37 Standard Cavity Slabs are non-combustible slabs of glass mineral wool infused with a water-repellent additive (as hinted by Knauf's sensational spelling of 'Dri'). DriTherm 37 also takes its name from its thermal performance (Therm) with the '37' referencing the slabs' thermal conductivity of 0.037 W/mK. Whilst less thermally efficient than DriTherm 32, DriTherm 37 can still be used in buildings that are up to 12m high due to its A1 (non-combustible) fire rating.Find Out More About Our Types of Knauf DriTherm 37
100mm Knauf Earthwool DriTherm Cavity Wall Insulation Slab 37 (6.55m2/Pack)
100mm Knauf Earthwool DriTherm Cavity Wall Insulation Slab 37 - Pallet of 20 Packs (131.04m2/Pallet)
100mm Knauf Earthwool DriTherm Cavity Wall Insulation Slab 32 - Pallet of 20 Packs (65.52m2/Pallet)
DriTherm Cavity Slab 37 Applications
Knauf Dritherm Cavity Slab 37 is purposed for use in masonry cavity external walls where a full-fill insulation solution is required.
A masonry cavity wall is made up of two leaves (or skins); an inner leaf and an outer leaf. The "cavity" is simply the gap between these two masonry walls.
DriTherm cavity slabs are considered to be an effective thermal insulation solution for buildings up to 12m high and in multi-storey applications up to 25m high.
One of the biggest advantages of Knauf Insulation DriTherm cavity slabs is the fact that they are specifically designed to be compatible with standard vertical wall ties, banishing the need for retaining discs.
Knauf Insulation Dritherm Cavity Slab 37 Specifications
DriTherm 37 slabs knit together, eliminating air gaps and enhancing the slab's insulating properties. They are also non-hygroscopic; meaning they do not retain moisture or promote the growth of bacteria or fungi.
Let's check the specs:
- Suitable for external masonry cavity walls
- Non-combustible A1 Euroclass Reaction to Fire classification - minimising the risk of fire spreading throughout a cavity
- 0.037 W/mK thermal conductivity - excellent thermal performance
- Water repellent
- Rigid and compact
- Zero Global Warming Potential (GWP)
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
Knauf DriTherm Cavity Slabs 37 Certifications
- Manufactured in accordance with BS EN 13162, ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems.
- BBA certified - 95/3212 - approved for use in structures up to 12m in height in any exposure zone, as well as in multi-storey applications up to 25m in height.
Frequently Asked Knauf DriTherm 37 Questions
What Are the Benefits of DriTherm Cavity Slabs?
- Non-combustible full-fill insulation eradicates the need for cavity barriers.
- The slabs are 455mm wide to suit standard vertical wall tie spacing, ensuring a closed joint with adjacent slabs.
- Superior environmental sustainability/low environmental impact.
- The slabs are made from up to 80% recycled glass, minimising the need for mineral raw materials.
- The rigid nature of full-fill insulation slabs further ensures that they do not sag or droop over time - promising maximum protection for the lifetime of your build.
Is Knauf Cavity Wall Insulation Waterproof?
Although not entirely waterproof, Dritherm cavity slabs are non-hygroscopic and are therefore approved to use in all exposure zones, including very severe areas, as they will not absorb moisture.
Another welcome benefit of the water-resistant binder used in Knauf slabs is that it eliminates the chance of rot, vermin, or fungus.
What Is Knauf's ECOSE Technology?
Knauf’s unique ECOSE technology; is a bio-based binder that contains no added formaldehyde or phenol, meaning the resulting slabs create much lower levels of dust than other slabs and are soft to the touch, as well as easier to handle.
Aesthetically speaking, the bio-binder creates a natural brown colour that is distinct from the typical yellow colour of insulation.
What Are The Key Benefits of Mineral Wool Insulation?
- Fire resilience - Euroclass A1 non-combustible
- Temperature maintenance
- Noise reduction properties
- Water repellent and vapour permeable