Ogee Skirting Board(3 Products)
Ogee skirting boards are the crowning glory of your walls. Made from premium materials, our Ogee skirting boards boast a timeless design with a graceful concave curve that adds a touch of sophistication to any room. Whether you have a modern or traditional home, these skirting boards are the perfect choice to elevate your decor to new heights. Not only are our Ogee skirting boards visually stunning, but they also serve a practical purpose. They provide a protective barrier for your walls, shielding them from scuffs, bumps, and wear and tear, while also hiding unsightly gaps between the floor and wall. Plus, with their easy installation process, you can enjoy a seamless and polished finish in no time.Find Out More About Our Types of Ogee Skirting Board
What Are Ogee Skirting Boards?
An ogee skirting board is a type of architectural moulding that is commonly used in interior design and construction.
It is characterised by a distinctive S-shaped profile, which features a convex curve on the upper section and a concave curve on the lower section, meeting at a sharp edge. This creates a unique and decorative look, often associated with traditional or classic design styles.
They are installed at the base of walls, where they meet the floor, covering any gaps or uneven edges.
Ogee skirting boards are a popular choice in residential and commercial properties and are often used in living rooms, bedrooms, hallways, and other areas where a decorative and functional baseboard is desired.
We stock a range of Ogee MDF skirting board products which boast a primed finish to save you time and energy during the installation process. What's more, as a material MDF is free from the natural defects often seen in natural wood. Another benefit of MDF over natural solutions is its moisture resistant properties.
For further information please get in touch with our friendly customer service team.
The Aesthetic & Functional Benefits of Ogee Skirting Board
- Ogee skirting boards provide a smooth transition between the wall and the floor, covering any gaps or uneven edges.
- They can protect the wall from damage caused by furniture, vacuum cleaners, or other objects.
- They can be utilised as a method to conceal cables and wiring.
- They can provide the finishing touch and detail, adding a touch of elegance and luxury to any interior.
The Ogee Profile
A decorative and traditional style profile that boasts an angled edge that gracefully graduates into a sweeping curve, with a flat face at the bottom of the architrave.
Frequently Asked Ogee Skirting Board Questions
Are Ogee Skirting Boards Easy To Clean & Maintain?
Yes, they are! Our Ogee skirting boards are designed to be low-maintenance and easy to clean. Simply wipe them down with a damp cloth to remove dust or dirt.
Avoid using abrasive cleaners or tools that may damage the finish. With minimal effort, you can keep your Ogee skirting boards looking pristine and fresh for years to come.
What Different Designs of Skirting Boards Do You Stock?
- Chamfer: A sleek and minimalist design, characterised by a single angled edge that slopes down to a flat, straight surface at the bottom of the board.
- Bullnose/Pencil-round: A clean-lined style, featuring a smooth rounded edge at the top front of the board, accompanied by a flat face.
- Ogee: A decorative profile that boasts an angled edge that gracefully graduates into a sweeping curve, with a flat face at the bottom of the board.
- Torus: This profile boasts a semi-circular round at the top front of the board, with some designs featuring an indent below the curve while others gradually transition into a flat face.
- Ovolo: An elegantly curved arc at the top front of the face that tapers back towards the wall, defines this profile.
What Are Interior Mouldings?
The term 'interior mouldings' encompasses a wide array of decorative elements that add detail and definition to the edges and surfaces of projections or cavities.
From skirting boards that outline the base of walls, to architraves that frame doorways, mouldings are an essential component in any home design scheme.
What Is A Primed Ogee Skirting Board?
A primed Ogee skirting board refers to a skirting board that has been pre-coated with a primer or base coat of paint. Primed products tend to receive two coats of good quality primer/basecoat.
Primed finish skirting boards are commonly available in the market and are designed to save time and effort during installation and painting.
What's more, the priming coats on primed skirting boards act as a protective layer, helping to seal the surface and protect the architrave from moisture, dust, and other environmental factors. This can enhance the durability and longevity of the skirting board, making it more resistant to wear and tear over time.
What Are The Benefits of Water-Based Primer?
Water-based primer is applied in a vacuum coater to achieve a consistency that cannot be replicated with old-fashioned methods such as hand spraying.
Water-based primer is utilised to prepare a surface for a final paint finish. This primer aids the finishing coat of paint to adhere better and results in a more even and spotless finish.
What Is The Difference Between Ogee & Torus Skirting Board?
- Profile shape: Ogee skirting board has an S-shaped profile with a concave curve at the top and a convex curve at the bottom. In contrast, torus skirting board has a rounded profile with a semi-circular curve at the top and a smaller convex curve at the bottom of the board.
- Decorative detailing: Ogee skirting board tends to have more intricate and elaborate detailing, while torus skirting board is simpler and more understated.
- Style: Ogee skirting board is often associated with traditional or classic interior design styles due to its ornate and decorative profile. Torus skirting board, on the other hand, is more versatile and can be used in a wider range of interior design styles, including contemporary and minimalist.