Forterra Bricks(111 Products)
Whether you are building a new home, renovating an existing building, or working on a commercial project, Forterra bricks offer a reliable and high-quality solution for your facing brick needs. With their durability, even finish, and aesthetic appeal, Forterra bricks are a wise investment for any building project.Find Out More About Our Types of Forterra Bricks
Forterra is a UK leader in the production and distribution of building supplies, including blocks, bricks, and precast concrete. With their extensive supply network across the country, they are one of Britain's largest brick manufacturers.
Not only do their products contribute to residential buildings but also enhance large-scale industrial developments - from big retail stores to state-of-the art hospitals.
Forterra facing bricks are crafted from robust clay and fired to extreme temperatures for optimum strength and longevity. These strong and durable clay bricks are equipped to battle Mother Nature's toughest elements - rain, wind, frost- while still offering the best solution for building projects ranging from residential homes to commercial buildings.
With a variety of colour and texture options on offer as well as a plethora of styles (solid, perforated or frogged), you're bound to find the perfect fit for your project - whether you're going for a classic or contemporary look.
A facing brick, also known as a façade brick or a front brick, is a type of brick that is manufactured specifically for use on the exterior face or façade of a building.
The term "facing" in construction refers to the fact that these bricks are visible on the outside of the building and are therefore required to be aesthetically pleasing.
Gone are the days of dull and uninspiring exteriors - facing bricks bring an element of style while still being durable enough to protect walls from extreme weather conditions.
Facing bricks are generally larger and more attractive than standard bricks, and they are available in a wide range of finishes - with some offering a smooth texture and others offering a light texture.
Frequently Asked Forterra Bricks Questions
What Are The Benefits of Using Clay Bricks?
Crafted with a variety of natural materials that render an array of colours, clay brick is both sturdy and low-maintenance.
Additionally, these bricks provide thermal mass within the building's structure to reduce energy consumption and heating.
Not only are they resilient but they can also be recycled at the end of their use!
Are Forterra Bricks Sustainable?
Forterra is committed to sustainability and has implemented a number of initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of their brick manufacturing process.
Here are some of the ways in which Forterra is promoting sustainability:
- Recycling and reusing materials: Forterra strives to minimise waste by using recycled materials wherever possible. Through a comprehensive recycling process, nearly all of their manufacturing waste is repurposed and used again in the production of their products.
- Energy efficiency: Forterra has invested in energy-efficient technologies to reduce their energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. They use high-efficiency kilns to fire their bricks, and they have implemented energy-saving measures throughout their manufacturing process.
- Water conservation: Forterra is committed to conserving water, which is a valuable resource in the brick manufacturing process. They have implemented a range of measures to reduce their water usage, such as recycling water used in the manufacturing process and capturing rainwater for use in their operations.
- Sustainable sourcing: Forterra sources their clay from local quarries, reducing the environmental impact of transportation. They also work with their suppliers to ensure that the clay is sourced, extracted and processed in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- Product durability: Forterra bricks are designed to last for many years, reducing the need for frequent replacements and minimising the environmental impact of production and disposal.
What Does LBC Mean On Bricks?
If you spot LBC on a brick this is a reference to London Brick Company.
For more than a century and a half, the London Brick Company has been empowering UK builders with an impressive selection of superior-quality bricks. Nowadays their products can be found adorning structures throughout the country - in an array of styles, shades and colours.
What Are Stock Bricks?
Manufactured using the same soft mud techniques that were used to make bricks centuries ago, stock bricks evoke a timeless and elegant look with their unique ‘frog’ indentation inlay.
The classic-looking stock brick offers an age-old charm that is unrivalled by other types of brick.