Tyvek Tape | Acrylic Tape(2 Products)
In the construction industry, ensuring the integrity of building envelopes is of paramount importance. Tyvek Tape and Acrylic Tape have become essential components for achieving airtight and weather-resistant structures.Find Out More About Our Types of Tyvek Tape
What Is Tyvek Tape?
DuPont Tyvek Acrylic Tape is a specialised acrylic tape made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) material and acrylic adhesive.
This superior seam tape is commonly used in conjunction with Tyvek building wraps or membranes to create an effective barrier against air and water infiltration.
The tape is engineered to adhere tightly to the surface, providing a durable seal.
We stock both Tyvek Single Sided Acrylic Tape 75mm x 25m as well as Tyvek Double-Sided Acrylic Tape 50mm x 25m.
Tyvek Tape Applications
- Sealing seams and joints in house wraps and most Tyvek breather membranes.
- Protecting against air and water infiltration in roofing systems, wall assemblies, and window installations.
- Repairing tears or punctures in building wraps.
Tyvek Tape Key Features
- Enables users to create a continuous building envelope system
- Benefits include improved energy efficiency and reduced air leakage
- Ensures secure, durable bonds
- Made from durable Tyvek HDPE and acrylic
- Can be used in conjunction with AirGuard air and vapour control layers (AVCLs)
Best Practices for Using Tyvek Tape & Acrylic Tape
- Surface Preparation: Ensure that the surfaces to be sealed are clean, dry, and free from dust or debris. Proper surface preparation promotes better adhesion and improves the effectiveness of the tape.
- Overlapping and Proper Coverage: When using Tyvek tape, overlap the tape by a minimum of 1 inch to create a watertight seal. For acrylic tape, ensure that the tape covers the entire gap or joint, leaving no gaps or exposed areas.
- Apply Adequate Pressure: Apply sufficient pressure along the length of the tape to ensure proper bonding with the surface. This helps maximise adhesion and minimise the risk of air or water infiltration.
- Follow Manufacturer's Recommendations: Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific guidance on application techniques, temperature requirements, and compatibility with different surfaces.
To explore our full insulation tape range, please navigate our Insulation Tapes homepage.
Frequently Asked Tyvek Tape Questions
Is Tyvek Tape Weather-Resistant?
Yes, Tyvek tape is designed to withstand a wide range of weather conditions. It is resistant to temperature fluctuations, UV exposure, and moisture, ensuring that the seal remains intact and effective over time.
Can Tyvek Tape Be Used For Repairs?
Yes, Tyvek tape can be used for repairing tears or punctures in Tyvek building wraps. It provides a reliable solution for patching damaged areas and maintaining the integrity of the overall barrier system.
How Should Tyvek Tape Be Applied?
To apply Tyvek tape, clean the surface thoroughly and ensure it is dry. Cut the tape to the desired length, remove the release liner, and carefully apply the tape over the desired area. Firmly press the tape to ensure proper adhesion.