MARKETPLACE RULES AND POLICIES
Last updated 20 September 2022
We are committed to providing a secure and fair marketplace for our Suppliers, Customers and other users of the Site. To support this commitment, we have put in place several important rules and policies (“Policies”) that govern our expectations of all Site users.
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE POLICIES MAY RESULT IN MATERIALS MARKET, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, ENDING OR CANCELLING OFFERS, HIDING OR DEMOTING ALL OFFERS FROM SEARCH RESULTS, BLOCKING SOME OR ALL OF YOUR MESSAGES/COMMUNICATION WITH OTHER USERS, LOWERING YOUR RATING, BUYING OR SELLING RESTRICTIONS, AND ACCOUNT SUSPENSION. ALL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE IN RELATION ACCOUNTS ON WHICH WE TAKE ANY ACTION WILL NOT BE REFUNDED OR OTHERWISE CREDITED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
These Policies are the Marketplace Rules and Policies referred to in the Terms and Conditions. THESE POLICIES ARE IN ADDITION TO, AND IN NO WAY LIMIT, YOUR OTHER OBLIGATIONS PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR OTHERWISE. Capitalised terms contained herein but not defined shall have the meaning set in the Terms and Conditions.
Please note that these Policies are subject to change and we reserve the right to change any of these at any time. Any changes will be published here and become effective immediately upon publication.
Do not offer to buy or sell outside of the Site. Offering to buy or sell outside of the Site, including sharing direct contact information prior to purchasing a Product, is not allowed.
Suppliers and Customers cannot:
- engage in any action with another user on the Site designed to complete or facilitate a transaction outside of the Site;
- share or request direct contact information prior to completing a sale;
- Exception: contacting a Customer to fulfil a delivery
- in any communications with another Site user, refer to or promote external websites that facilitate sales outside of the Site or other businesses;
- use any user information to contact them to buy or sell off the Site;
- list an item and then offer additional identical or related items for sale outside of the Site;
- offer catalogues or other items that are used to order items directly outside of the Site; and
- host Product descriptions or images outside of the Site.
Suppliers and Customers should:
- Contact the Site if they wish to communicate with each other
Do not use the Site excessively or unreasonably. As a community, we want all users to be able to use and access the Site. You cannot upload excessive amounts of data repeatedly, create multiple Supplier or Customer Accounts, engage in the buying or selling process without the intention of actually buying or selling, post excessive enquiries without the intention of making purchases, or otherwise use the Site in an excessive or unreasonable way.
Follow the Code of Conduct principles. We expect you to adhere to the basic code of conduct principles that are outlined below:
- Adhere to all applicable laws;
- Maintain current Supplier and Customer Account information;
- Never misrepresent yourself;
- Always act in a manner that ensures a trustworthy experience for all Site users;
- Never engage in any misleading, inappropriate or offensive behaviour. This applies to all your activities, including, but not limited to, the following:
- information provided on your account;
- the content of your reviews; and
- communication between you and Materials Market, or you and other users.
- Act fairly at all times. Unfair behaviour includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- behaviour that could be deemed as manipulation of any part of the buying or selling experience;
- actions that could be perceived as manipulating reviews, including by directly or indirectly contributing false, misleading or inauthentic content; or
- actions that intentionally damage another Supplier, their listings or their ratings.
- Responding to Site queries promptly; and
- Be professional throughout the transaction.
Provide fair and honest feedback. Our reviews system allows users to rate each other after a transaction. It’s a way to earn a good reputation as a Supplier and a Customer on the Site. While feedback is intended as an open forum, our guidelines and policies listed below are in place to ensure it is used constructively and fairly.
- Do not use reviews as a way of blackmail to demand specific performance or Products and services not included in the order or reasonably expected;
- Do not offer to buy, sell, trade, or give away reviews;
- Do not register multiple accounts or work with others to exchange reviews with the purpose of artificially increasing your score; and
- Do not buy or sell user accounts.
Do not make false reports. If you report another user for breaking our Policies, it needs to represent a genuine belief that there was a violation. We do not tolerate false reports of any kind.
Resolve disputes in good faith. Customers and Suppliers must follow our Dispute Resolution Policy for all Products bought on the Site as specified below.
Conditions that Customers must observe:
In the event of a dispute with your order, you should attempt to resolve this dispute to the best of your ability. You may contact us using the Site chat service, email, or contact form. The Customer must communicate in the English language.
If you are unable to resolve the issue with us, you can ask us to begin a formal dispute resolution process.
By starting the formal dispute resolution process, you agree to co-operate with us fully throughout such process. You must promptly provide us with any information that we may require and respond to such request for information within forty-eight (48) hours of our request for information being made. If you fail to respond to our requests for information, we will not continue with the dispute resolution process, deem the dispute resolved and close the case. Once closed, cases will only be reopened at our discretion.
You are obliged to return any items to us to our nominated address in the event that they are defective or not as described, or in the event that you claim non-delivery of an item which subsequently arrives.
You may only make one dispute resolution claim per order.
This Dispute Resolution Policy does not apply to purchases which have been refunded in full or which have been subjected to a ‘chargeback’ by your credit card.
Conditions that Suppliers must observe:
You are obliged to respond Materials Market within three (3) business days and to attempt to resolve the dispute to the best of its ability. The Supplier must communicate with the Site in the English language.
Any requests for information must be responded to within five (5) business days. If the Supplier fails to respond to us within five (5) business days, or sends a reply containing insufficient or incomplete information, this may result in the sale being reversed.
Suppliers who receive large numbers of claims may have some or all of their account privileges revoked, including without limitation suspension or termination of their Supplier Account.